The overall objective of the programme is to support the implementation of the Government's development strategies and policies through improved assistance by the European Community.
The project purpose is to improve the planning and implementation of development projects and programmes financed by the European Community (including the EDF and the sugar facility), strengthen the capacity of Government services and support the involvement of Non-State Actors in EU projects and programmes.
The Expected results include:
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of EU development assistance
- Better visibility of EU development assistance to the country
- Stronger involvement of Non-State Actors in the planning and implementation of EU development assistance.
The main activities that will be programmed under this Technical Cooperation Facility are:
- Technical Assistance: This component will help the Government of Dominica to plan and implement programmes and projects in accordance with EDF rules and procedures, providing TA services in particular during the identification and feasibility stage, but also at all other stages of the project cycle including monitoring, evaluation and audit if the TA required is not covered by the project itself.
- Training Support for Projects and Programmes: This component will finance various educational actions related to the planning and implementation of EDF funded activities.
- Conferences and Seminars: This component will cover more general short term training activities, as well as participation in international conferences on development or trade issues.
- Support to Non-State Actors: This component will finance various activities to support the involvement of NSA in the planning and implementation of EDF funded activities.
The Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs
Technical Assistance had been provided to The Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs for the development of the following:
- Tourism 2020 Policy (PDF, 347KB)
- Tourism Master Plan 2012 – 2020 (PDF, 225KB)
- Corporate Strategy and Action Plan for the Discover Dominica Authority (PDF, 351KB)